Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I bought this for you....but you can't have it!

I buy lots of greeting cards. In fact, there's a whole desk drawer devoted to them. Sure, I had someone in mind when I bought every one but every time I try to send one something peculiar happens, Someone comes screeching from the back of my cave, snatches is up and puts it back in the drawer. Why? Well it's little gems like this one....

"A TRUE STORY
A little boy went to the
freezer once and got out a
bucket that said "Orange
Sherbet" on top. He scooped
himself a big, frosty-cold
bowlful and took a
huge bite. Then instead of
closing his eyes and going
"Mmmm!" he almost barfed,
because it wasn't orange
sherbet, it was
frozen chicken fat!!!"
(INSIDE)
(Now doesn't that just brighten your whole life?)
Yeah....you know, it actually does!...ROFL. There's a life lesson in that story and the drawer full of others that are just too cool or funny to let go of. You see, I'm pretty sure that Hallmark knows the answer to the meaning of life and someday they're gonna put it on a card and sell it to me. I just know that one will be reeeeally funny! Anyway, just in case they've already told me and I missed it, I can catch it on my next review of the drawer. I'll be glad to spread the word and email ya....but the card's mine! :-D

No comments: