Thursday, September 4, 2008

What I got for my birthday

We'll here I am, finally 50. For my birthday I got to watch folks clean up from Hurricaine Gustav and then sit in line at the gas station for two hours and then go back to a home in which the only things working were my refrigerator, freezer and fan which were powered by a very loud generator. Later in the evening we unplugged the freezer so we could watch a movie on the 13 in color TV.

Now ok, I'll admit I felt a little sorry for myself - still am sorta. Trying to keep my whine to a minimum. I know how very fortunate I am. My house suffered only a few missing shingles and my entire family and there homes were spared any further devastation and we are all healthy. I have an incredibly strong, well built, and efficient and well stocked house and a patient, helpful, kind, efficient, entertaining, personable and loving partner (more on that later) without who I would have LOST MY MIND!!!...But, I'm hot, tired, uncomfortable, sweaty, cranky, my best friend's being a jerk to me,,,,, and it's MY birthday dammit!!

There was a party planned and friends were coming in to surprise me. I had a new blouse that was gonna make me look svelt in my birthday pics. My babies were going to travel all the way from Houston just to take me to breakfast! My sweetheart was going to get me cake and ice cream and make the whole day all about me. I wasn't going to do a thing for anybody else and she would pamper me and we would do the things I love. I was looking forward to it. I was gonna have a tiaraaaaa :-( Waaaaaaaa

Now most of my friends have damaged homes - one pretty much doesn't have a home. A tree squashed half his house missing his family by six feet!

Okay, I'd done with this whine.... more whining another day.

No comments: